On September 16th 2019, the Emmabuntüs Collective is happy to announce the release of the new Emmabuntüs Debian Edition 3 1.00 (32 and 64 bits), based on Debian 10.1.0 Buster distribution and featuring the XFCE desktop environment.
This new version of our distribution is based on the Emmabuntüs DE2 under Debian 10 Buster, with some noticeable improvements which were implemented during the development of the Alpha and RC versions : ISO file size significantly reduced, streamlining and consistency of the embedded software, better handling of the light/dark theme, localization support in live mode, etc. This final version additionally supports the installation in UEFI Secure boot mode, the simplified installation via Calamares in live mode, allows to run under VMware Workstation, and brings some improvements in terms of security and ergonomic.
Screen capture of the new Calamares installer under EmmaDE3 1.00
This Debian Edition 1.00 version includes the following features, fixes and enhancements :
- Based on Debian 10.1.0 Buster
- Now supports installation in UEFI Secure boot mode, 32/64 bits versions
- Addition of the Calamares installer in live mode session, with customization of the slideshow and of the various languages, as well as the support of its usage with MultiBoot or MultiSystem
- Addition of the Orage and NdisGTK utilities
- Removed Minitube
- Improvements of the Emmabuntüs tools and settings windows
- Fixes of security issues (big thanks to Brendan Coles for his precious help)
- Fix of the stalled ISO launch in UEFI mode under VMware Workstation
- Fix of the non-free software support during install
- Fix of the country and keyboard selection window during install
- Updated LibreOffice for schools 2.05, LireCouleur 5.0.0, Grammalecte 1.3.2
- Updated versions concerning : HPLip 3.19.6, TurboPrint 2.48-2, Multisystem 1.0432, Teamviewer 14.5.1691, Firefox ESR 60.9.0, LibreOffice 6.1.5-3